The New Hope Center is proud to offer fertility services to our same-sex female couples, and Co-IVF is an excellent option to consider.
Co-IVF is a type of in-vitro fertilization with one partner undergoing ovarian stimulation to provide eggs to be inseminated with donor sperm, and the other partner undergoing a transfer of the resulting embryos and ultimately carrying and giving birth to the couples’ baby. Co-IVF allows both women to actively participate in their journey toward motherhood while creating a special bond with the baby for both parents.
Requirements: The FDA requires certain and specific pre-screening procedures and blood work for both partners. Some tests are performed prior to, and others are performed during the IVF/treatment cycle.
Why all the tests?
Per the FDA, the female providing her eggs is an “egg donor” and the female intending to carry the pregnancy is considered a “gestational carrier”. The result—Co-IVF couples must undergo the same pre-screening process as is required of these individuals, while assuming all related costs in doing so.
To prepare for a Co-IVF cycle, please review the Patient Steps for Success list below, as well as the required pre-screening and legal items, along with the Costs/Fees related to treatment and the entire Co-IVF process.
Patient Steps for Success:
- Consultation: Meet with New Hope Center MD, Third-Party Coordinator, and Andrology to discuss treatment.
- Finances: Secure financing to cover all related costs for testing and treatment, donor sperm, and legal fees.
- Medications: Apply for medication assistance to receive discounts off the cost of fertility drugs for the ART cycle.
- ART Series Selection: Select the series/month to proceed with treatment and advise NHC of your decision.
- Donor Sperm: View site and select donor #.
- Pre-Screening: Complete all required psych and medical screening, plus all FDA bloodwork.
- Parenting Agreement: Meet with attorney and complete the required agreement (must be signed before treatment start).
- ART Treatment: Protocol designed and meds ordered. Purchase donor sperm and treatment commences!
- IVF-Clinical: Willa Hughes- email@example.com
- Third-Party and IVF: Martina Surrency- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrology/Embryology: Caitlin Toler- email@example.com,
Brittany Popp- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial: Tammie Poe- email@example.com
Partner Screening- “Egg Donor”
- Psychological Evaluation- Pay Psychologist directly (~$175-$275)
- Medical and Genetic History packet and H&P exam: Pay NHC (~$130-$175)
- Other Screening:
- a. FDA and other pre-cycle lab/blood tests- Pay LabCorp (~$2,500 without insurance; inquire about “cash” discount)
- b. PAS-Ultrasound with Basal Antral Follicle count- Pay NHC ($350-$480)
- c. Medication teaching- online link
*Estimated cost for above: ~$2,900-$3,400. NHC only files claims if a patient has coverage for infertility testing. If there is not coverage, the patient will pay in full for all services.
** LabCorp files claims for FDA bloodwork only if patient’s insurance plan covers infertility testing. If not, patient pays full cost. Inquire about “same day cash” discount with LabCorp staff for FDA bloodwork.
Partner Screening- “Gestational Carrier”
- Psychological Evaluation- Pay Psychologist ($175-$275)
- H&P and physical exam- Pay NHC ($130-$175)
- Other Screening:
- a. FDA and other pre-cycle labs/blood tests- Pay LabCorp ($1,000-$2,500)
- b. PAS-Pelvic Anatomy Ultrasound/Sono HSG- Pay NHC ($480-$1,400)
- c. Pap smear and cervical cultures- Pay NHC ($250-$325)
- Hysteroscopy (HSC) and endometrial biopsy to prepare uterus for embryo transfer- Pay NHC ($2,100-$2,800)
*Estimated costs for screening- $3,900 to $7,500. NHC only only files claims if a patient has coverage for infertility testing. If there is not coverage, the patient will pay in full for all services.
**LabCorp files claims for FDA bloodwork only if patient’s insurance plan covers infertility testing. Otherwise, patient pays in full for all lab fees.
Other Costs and Procedures:
- Parenting Agreement- An agreement between the females must be drafted by an attorney, and executed prior to treatment.- Pay attorney (~$750-$1,000)
- Conception Cycle Services:
- a. Baseline visits- Both partners Pay NHC (~$450 each)
- b. ART fertility treatment cycle: Co-IVF Cycle plus any additional services such as ICSI, PGS testing, embryo cryopreservation, etc. – Pay NHC (See financial counselor for cost info)
- c. Donor Sperm- Pay Cryo Bank directly
- d. Fertility Medications for both partners- Pay pharmacy (~$4,000-$7,500- apply for med assistance programs)
- Post-Conception Treatment at NHC and prior to referral to OB office- Pay NHC (~$2,300-$3,500 unless patient has insurance coverage).